Lucy Bee Organic Ingredients: https://shop.lucybee.com/
A great veggie alternative to meat, for a roast and is equally good served cold the next day.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 mins
COOKING TIME: 1 hour
SERVES: 4 – 6
PERFECT FOR: A Sunday lunch with friends and family.
ALLERGY INFORMATION: Gluten, and Wheat Free. Vegetarian
– Lucy Bee Coconut Oil for greasing
– 200g fresh chard leaves or spinach
– 250g unsalted mixed nuts (we used hazelnuts, brazil nuts and almonds)
– 25g unsalted cashew nuts
– ½ onion, finely chopped
– 1 carrot, grated
– 100g sun-dried tomatoes, blended into a paste
– 1 egg, beaten
– 100g cheddar cheese, finely grated
– ½ tsp. dried sage
– 1 ½ tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
– 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 tsp. tamari
– A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, greased with a little Lucy Bee Coconut Oil (to prevent sticking).
2. Blanch the chard/spinach in boiling water, then drain it and squeeze to remove all the excess water. Finely chop up the chard/spinach and set aside.
3. Put the mixed nuts and cashews into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, making sure they don’t go to a powder. Alternatively, chop into fine pieces.
4. Pour the nuts into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix it all together, either with a spoon or your hands.
5. Tip the nut roast mixture into the loaf tin. Cut a piece of greaseproof paper to fit the top of the tin, grease it with a little Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and lay it on the top of the nut roast to prevent burning.
6. Bake in the oven for an hour, until the nut roast is cooked through. Turn out onto a serving dish and slice to serve.
7. Serve with your usual roast trimmings.
Lucy Bee Books
Lucy Bee books for cooking and beauty are available in a variety of shops and online at Amazon. Please copy and paste this link: http://amzn.to/2aMUFdl to see the books on Amazon.
Lucy Bee essentials include Epsom Salt, Dead Sea Salts and Himalayan Salts for beauty. These salts are available in 1kg packs from the Lucy Bee Shop, in the UK.
Coconut Oil in the Kitchen
Lucy Bee Coconut oil can also be used in the kitchen for all types of cooking. It is certified vegetarian, vegan and kosher and is suitable for a Lactose Free or Gluten Free Diet, The Paleo Diet and The Alkaline Diet.
Coconut Oil Ethical Best Buy
Leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer voted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil as the ‘Best Buy’, for coconut oil in the UK market.
Coconut Oil Availability
Lucy Bee Coconut Oil can be found in our online shop and in Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Lakeland, Booths Supermarkets, Whole Foods Market, Planet Organic, independent health stores and from Amazon (just search for organic coconut oil). Look out for the recyclable glass jars with the distinctive green lids.
Lucy Bee Organic Ingredients
Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut, sugar, flour, Cacao Powder, Maca Powder, Lucuma Powder, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Whole Black Peppercorns and Himalayan Salt are available from many outlets in the UK.
Lucy Bee Ltd
PO Box 214
t: +44 (0)1992 537 874